Friday, January 18, 2013

Kid Stuff

 

 As a parent, we always want what is best for our kids. Sometimes life throws curve balls and you do the best you can.. I raised my oldest son alone. I always wanted what was best for him but wasn’t always able to provide him with extra perks.. I did the best I could keeping him active in sports and encouraging scholastics. ( maybe someday I will dedicate a post to the trials and tribulations of being a single parent).  I am proud of the adult he has become. He’s hard working and making his way in life in spite of some struggles.. Life changes.. Today I am fortunate to have a wonderful man in my life who is very supporting and provides a wonderful life for us. My youngest son has been living with us full time for the past 18 months., his father and I had previously shared custody. As a result, we were able to put him in a better school district.  Sometimes I look at my youngest and forget that he is 11. He has experienced so many things at such a young age. Things we don’t want our children to have to go through. I see how these  experiences have changed him. He’s wise, funny, smart, loyal, and intolerant when it comes to things he knows are wrong. Someday I hope he realizes how important forgiveness is. Anyway, this is his f,irst year in middle school. At the beginning of the school year we told him he could earn $$ for good grades. No D’s, F’s or U’s allowed. I love that I can check his grades on a daily basis and catch any problems before they get out of control. As a result of his hard work, his first report card consisted of all A’s with the exception of P.E. and invitation to join the honor society. WOW!! I am so excited for him. This is a great opportunity. Oh, and that $$$, I believe we are going shopping for an Ipad this weekend.. We are so very proud of him.

                                    DSC00614

No comments:

Post a Comment