Thursday, November 1, 2012

On Being Thankful

Wow-I can't believe it is November already. Last year for the month of November, Mike, Stephen and I wrote one thing we were thankful for each day. I used our monthly calendar and it was a good reminder on how truly blessed we are. I'm writing this a few days after Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast. Our dear neighbors are living in Connecticut temporarily and have been without power all week. I cannot imagine going through that with a 3 year old. They are safe and for that we are grateful. One of the blogs I follow: balancinghome.com had a great idea for showing gratitude this month. I took her idea and changed it up a bit.

I found this printable here: http://howtonestforless.com/2012/10/30/thanksgiving-subway-art-free-printable/

This picture frame sits on a table with all of our family pictures. I have multiple printables for different holidays/seasons/birthdays. 
The banner I printed from balancinghome.com. She has quite a few free printables


This year we are going to write our thankful things on a piece of paper each day. At the end of the month I am going to put them away. What fun is that you ask? Well, my brilliant idea for this year is to wait until New Year's Eve to look at all of our thankful things. What better way to end the year and start the new. My hope is that we can look back and remember how blessed we have been even through the storms of life. Life is busy. November is a good time to stop and reflect on how fortunate we are. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment