Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Reflection

Today is just another ordinary day. Only it's not really. Today is my 50th birthday-half a century. When did that happen??? Sure, physically I feel slightly different, my knees sometimes will hurt as I walk up stairs and then there is the age spots that I have noticed on my arms (I'm sure this is the result of all those years ago of tanning in our backyard as a teenager using baby oil instead of sunscreen). There are times in life when we look back on the road traveled, today is one of those times for me. There has been sorrow, joy, life changing events and many precious memories along the way. Broken relationships, loved ones gone too soon, financial struggles, raising my boys with the hope that they become honorable men, and finally finding the one man who can deal with my imperfections. If I could go back and change anything, would I? I don't think so. The road has led me to where I am today, the person I am today. I like who am I now. 10-15 years ago that was not the case. I will embrace getting older, every gray hair and every wrinkle.  I've earned them! I will age gracefully and continue down the path that God has laid out for me to travel on. Where it leads? I don't know, but with faith and determination I will keep moving ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment