Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Trying to be healthy


I have struggled for years with my weight. And now as I approach the big 50 ( in 18 months) I am finding it extremely difficult to lose those nasty extra pounds. Instead of focusing on weight loss, I am focusing on being healthier. I cook healthier meals, healthier sweets and walk A LOT!! I love where we live. There are so many options for walking/hiking. Last Spring my oldest son and I hiked a 6 mile trail at least once a week. We have yet to do it this year-hopefully soon. The view is breathtaking on a clear day:
 Towsley
And there is the occasional goofing around:
Vinnie Towsley
Lately, I have been taking my faithful companion (Max) on walks on a paved trail close to our house. We walk 3-4 miles and  are exhausted (in a good way) by the time we get back to the car.  Here is Max patiently waiting to leave for our walk:
Max waiting
Today Vinnie joined us. Max was in Heaven having someone who can actually run with him. I want to run or jog, unfortunately, my body doesn't always cooperate with that desire. I get painful shin splints. I have been using a brace that past few days and it is helping. Don't know that I will be ready for a marathon anytime soon but it is an improvement.  Anyway, on our way back to the car today we say a crane (kind of weird to see it right across from a Pavilions):

crane
Not the greatest picture, I was trying to be quick before Max scared it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment