Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Vanity Tray


The blogging world has opened up so many creative ideas for me. Yesterday I saw a post using an acrylic picture frame as a tray (click here for details). A few months ago I shared a redo on a tray I found at Goodwill. Unfortunately, it has not held up so well on our bathroom counter.

The acrylic frame seemed like a perfect solution to contain the chaos of perfume bottles. Today I ventured to Michael's to see what I could find. SCORE! I got all of this for $8.00.
Michael's score
The paper I used in the original tray was on clearance for $.14. I need to protect the paper from moisture so I glued it to a piece of cardboard from the frame, cut the scrapbook paper to size, sealed with Mod Podge and Mod Podge sealer. I love it. This couldn't have been any easier and the total cost was under $10.00.
 
DSC00650                       

No comments:

Post a Comment