Friday, September 7, 2012

projects





Stephen is at his first Middle School dance so I thought I would take advantage of some free time and post an update. I've been trying to change things up in our house without spending a lot of money.

I found this frame at Goodwill.
It was dark green. I sanded it down, used some Vaseline and spray paint to distress.  Not bad for my first try. I was going to post the link for the printable here. I can't find it. The saying is perfect for our home.


I needed a change in our bathroom. We had so much fun at the beach this summer, I decided to add some of those memories into our decor. 
We have been collecting shells for years and wanted to use them for my beach theme. I found these at the dollar store:
I glued them together with my hot glue gun, added some 'beach' sand from Walmart and came up with this: 

The smaller jars I have had for years. 


I needed something to hang my jewelry own. Pinterest is always inspiring. I took a piece of scrap wood that we had, scrapbook paper, mod podge, and new and used knobs. 


Walgreens had a free deal on an 8 x 10 collage. I found a frame at Home Goods. 



Here's how it all looks together:



The last thing I did was a new (old) vanity tray for my perfume. I found this old tray at Goodwill. 

I sanded it and then spray painted it white. 

Found this great scrapbook paper, mod podge and sealant. All done. 

Now it's time to start thinking about those holiday projects...........



No comments:

Post a Comment